Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Training Update

I thought it was probably time to update my blog on how my training is going.

I am up to running 10 miles at a comfortable pace.  I feel pretty strong after a 10 mile run, but I was thinking last time I ran that I would need to be able to keep running for at least 3 more hours!!  I am researching and trying to find a training program that will help me be ready by October 27th.

I hope that the break from my work schedule will allow me time for longer runs.  Of course it will be hot during the day, so I will be starting pretty early in the morning.  Now getting to bed on time will be the challenge as our lives tend to include late night movies and such.

Callie continues to be the sweet little ray of sunshine that she has always been.  Her sweet greeting of "Hey" is enough to brighten anyone's day.  I am always amazed by how pleasant and happy she is.  I am so happy when I am around her, and I feel so lucky to have her in my life.  I am also amazed by the courage and faith of her parents.  They care for her with such love and strength.

Tonight I was playing/singing some church songs and one of them was about Jesus healing the sick when he was on Earth.  I know if it was possible, He would heal Callie.  Right now he just puts people in her life to love her and care for her.  I feel privileged to be one of those people.



Click here for my fundraising page to support SMA research.

1 comment:

  1. You will be ready! We love you and are really excited about being with you next month.
    Mom and Dad Riska

    ReplyDelete